Sunday, February 27, 2011

Retail Therapy ... in reverse

I revisited my closets in search of something to wear that wasn't either too baggy or too tight or too out of date. The selection was pretty minimal. I have no intention of replacing my wardrobe while I'm halfway to where I intend to be weightwise for the rest of my life. So I decided to have a sale of some of my queen-size special occassion and career wear. Off I went with racks full of clothing to the Greyhound Park's Indoor Garage Sale. It was cathartic to be ruthless as well as realistic in parting with favorite and familiar things. For the next few months I'll continue to wear and rewear the things that are still workable but look forward to the day soon to come when I'll happily shop in the regular size apparel department to fill the gaps in my incredible shrinking closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!