Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Small Victories

just a small sampling of sweets
that have appeared this month in
the KVNI studio.
Another 2 pound loss this week. Doesn't sound like much when you have at least another 50 pounds to lose but I'm taking my victories wherever they present themselves. I remind myself that I did not become nearly 100 pounds overweight in a matter of months. It was a decade or more of gaining several pounds a year. Slowly and covertly, the pounds came to stay. I aged and my metabolism slowed down. I became less active and less vigilent. So I try to practice patience and resist the urge to become discouraged. It's winter, a time when I tend to want to hibernate, and the holidays.
Me and Janna with festive sugar-free
Jello holiday dessert

To have lost ten pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas ... with vast arrays of treats everywhere and holiday parties galore ... is a victory. I will begin the New Year by hitting the ground running on this journey to fitness. And by this time next year I hope to be half the woman I was in 2010. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!