Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yowza!

Thanksgiving came and went and the world didn't come to an end. :) We decided to forgo the huge, food laden eating fest that the holiday has always centered around and without the daughters and grandsons here, it was a quiet day for me and the hubs. I baked a small turkey breast and made Stove-Top stuffing and mashed potatoes. The things that Bert said he would most like to have. I had a slice of turkey and about a 1/4 cup of stuffing and that was it. No big deal. For all of my fretting about getting through the day I realized it's just food. Didn't miss the pumpkin pie or fruit salads or gravy or any of it. Missed the daughters and grandsons but that was it. And in my next weekly weigh-in, in a week that included Thanksgiving, I was down 5.5 lbs. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. nice job! it's not very often people LOSE weight after thanksgiving! i'll have to give that a try next year. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!