Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 2 ~ Part II

Late this afternoon I had a meeting with Dr. Tom Neal, the OptiFit medical director, for some medical history, measuring and weighing. I liked him immediately. No judging and genuine interest in my health. Dr. Neal went through the program himself four years ago and has maintained his weight loss. Can't tell you how that raised my confidence level in the program and people I've been meeting at Surgical Bariatrics Optifit.
At 6 p.m. Janna and I took part in our first weekly, hour-long group session led by dietician Kristi Flicker and met four great women who are at varying stages of the program. What great support it will be as we move through the program to have people willing to share their successes and pitfalls they've encountered. A good day.

3 comments:

  1. Kerri, anyone willing to show up at 6 am and participate eagerly is absolutely destined for success. (You look fabulous in this photo, by the way!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great having you in group! You and Janna are a great addition to the Optifit program. :) I enjoyed spending the evening with the group as we reviewed our feelings, serving sizes, eating for wt. loss, and how to be creative using the Optifit products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Wednesdays will become my favorite day of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!