Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eight reasons

This has been a long and wonderful week, a bit chaotic and unpredictable as it is in all families. For the first time in over three years our three daughters and three grandsons were all under our roof. We celebrated the youngest grandson's 7th birthday as the highlight. A few days before the kids were all arriving, my mother was hospitalized and required surgery. Going back to her home alone was not an option and likely won't be an option moving forward. All of those emotional and highly charged decisions that adult children of aging parents must face are suddenly there for my sister, Janna and I to confront. Family dynamics, for better or worse, come into play. Long buried issues, emotions and fears loom bigger than life. Real life. So did I manage to keep to the program throughout? The answer is yes and no. I deviated not with birthday cake or fried foods or even carbs ... ate some fresh veggies and two healthy salads during the weekend. But I'm back in the Optifit saddle again. I'm doing this for me and for Alyssa, Melani, Sarah, Matthew, Jared and Connor and my husband, Bert. That's eight good reasons to change my life for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!