Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 3

I've missed posting for the past few days and have missed putting my thoughts and feelings on paper, figuratively speaking. This has been the most difficult week for me yet. In the Optifit program there are meal replacements that keep the calories down, protein up and the stomach full.
A week or so ago my epiphany was noticing how much of our lives revolve around food and the bombardment of ads everywhere. This week I've been shown what I think I've always known about myself ... during times of great emotion and drama my urge to comfort myself with food is front and center. In this process with Optifit and the professional staff, of equal importance with taking the weight off is to really understand how it came to be in the first place and to change those behaviors so my success will be ongoing and lifelong.
I've been greatly tested this week which is good, with the holidays looming large. I'm back in the saddle again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!