Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 6

Sunday is a day of rest and I had very little on my schedule. For the past two or three years my husband has volunteered as a cook for the Post Falls American Legion's weekly breakfast. This is an all-you can eat, eggs cooked to order, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns, pancakes, french toast kind of deal. I enjoyed breakfast there maybe once a month since not a single item was on any heart-healthy menu I've ever seen.
I generally cook dinner on Sundays. So this Sunday was without me cooking or eating, with the exception of my meal-replacements. Bert is so supportive of my quest and knows he's perfectly capabable of foraging for food that there's no pressure there. But I found the day to be incredibly long and filled with longing for long-standing food rituals. I made it through, went to bed early. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!