Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 5

My first weekend and I found the dynamics are quite different. For one, I'm not nearly as busy so weekends are more likely a time for Bert and I to cook. Saturday breakfast is often eaten out or eggs, hashbrowns and the like. Oops. Not today. I attended a funeral at 10 a.m. and although I probably could have made the lunch reception before I had an appointment, I knew I was going to be hungry and there would be food so I came home and had my scheduled pre-planned Optifit meal. Bert and I would have attended a bbq event in Coeur d'Alene but I begged off knowing that it was simply foolish to intentionally put myself in front of the tempation of brisket and ribs. Another evening in the concession stand of the Lions Haunted House that passed by without a snack crisis but I feel somewhat exhausted mentally from expending so much energy thinking about food, planning meals and trying to anticipate potential landmines. I look forward to a future day that eating is about being hungry and fueling my body ... and nothing more.

3 comments:

  1. GO AUNT KERRI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ANOTHER triumph!! A very successful day!! You Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, you were probably experiencing a phenomenon once explained to me by a shrink I used to write for a long time ago. She noticed early on that her clients used to race for the nearest restaurant after their rough sessions with her. Eating is a natural source of comfort after anything emotionally difficult. Reigning yourself in after a funeral was especially courageous. You are SO committed!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!